Special thanks goes to Sandy, who has given my blog, the Memetastic Award. Now, if I am following the rules of the game right, I have to pick five other bloggers to pass this award to…sorta like the chain letters I used to get in the mail a long time ago. Beware readers! I wasn’t very good with chain letters, either, but I will give this a try.
So, I need to pass this award on to five fellow bloggers:
To Marie Gauthier, whose blog posts about life as a mother and poet make me both laugh and cry. If only the rest of the world could write as eloquently as Marie!
To Andrew Rihn, who is another blue collar/Rust Belt poet like me. His chapbook, Foreclosure Dogs, is fantastic!
To Erin Coughlin Hollowell, who is new blogging pal. Writing from Alaska, Erin and I do have the snow in common (although I would imagine that Alaska snow is different from Lake Effect snow). Listen to two of her poems here.
To Kathleen Kirk, who recently finished up a 365 day marathon about what people are reading. I just found out that she is also on the job hunt — good luck, Kathleen!
To JoAnne Growney, whose blog about the intersection between math and poetry almost makes me want to sit down and do some geometry. Almost.
Now, for the real fun. I have posted five things about myself below; however, only one is true. Can you guess which one? (I do this sort of activity in my creative writing class — it’s a blast!)
1. When I was five years old, I fell out of the back of my brother’s pickup truck and have a scar on my chin to prove it!
2. I worked at McDonald’s for five years while I was an adjunct teacher in the Penn State system.
3. I had breakfast with Doug Bradley, the actor who played Pinhead in the Hellraiser movies.
4. I met Willie Nelson one summer when I was working at a Sheetz convenience store.
5. When I was little, I had a dog named Lucky. My dad used to rub Lucky’s belly before he (my dad, not the dog) would buy his instant lotto tickets.
In a few days, I will let everyone know the “truth.” And thanks again, Sandy for the award. For those bloggers I nominated, here are the rules: 1. link back to the blogger who awarded you. 2. Display the graphic from the award creator. 3. Post five facts, four of which must be lies and 4. Pass the award to five other bloggers who should follow these rules.